Saturday, October 23, 2021

Stamping With The Stars #DOswts373

    Stamping in Savannah presents  

Stamping With The STARS 
Retiform Technique
Inspiration Hop
Ok folks! Retiform technique is a new one for me.  But, I think you will be surprised (as I was) to see how easy and how much fun this new technique is.  It requires a couple, actually quite a few, post-it notes, a blending sponge, some ink, and a favorite stamp set.  How do you like it?

I decided to use the Nature's Beauty cling stamp set because there were six images that I thought would work well with this technique. Since this looks like a fall or even winter scene, I decided to stamp the images in Soft Suede ink and use Crumb Cake ink for the sponging. I began with a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" piece of thick Very Vanilla cardstock and sectioned off the lower corner with a post-it note. I sponged the edges and then stamped the image. 

I kept covering up the previously stamped sections with the post-it notes, sponging the edges and then stamping the image.  I used a LOT of post-it notes!
The panel was glued to a 5 1/4" x 4" mat in Early Espresso card stock.  Dimentions were then added to the back and attached to a Mossy Meadow card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2  and scored at 4 1/4").  The Label Me Fancy punch was used with Very Vanilla card stock that was matted with both Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso card stock. 
The sentiment, from A Wish For Everything cling stamp set, was stamped with Early Espresso ink, and the embellishments are the Playing With Patterns resin dots that are colored with Mossy Meadow Blender Pens. I threaded the Early Espresso faux suede trim ribbon through the label and tied that with a piece of Very Vanilla bakers twine.
Using a Very Vanilla 5 1/4" x 4" card stock mat, I stamped the 3 little forest creatures in the corner, sponged the edges and adhered this to the inside of the card.  I hope you enjoyed learning about this super cool technique! Thanks for visiting!  ....SCB

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love your forest of animals...great job! Thanks for playing along with Stamping with the STARS #DOswts373.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! This was definitely a step out of my comfort zone!

      Delete
  2. I like it! Very masculine card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete