Saturday, September 23, 2023

DO Stamping With The Stars Fall Inspiration Hop #DOswts419



The first day of fall in 2023 arrived with the fall equinox today, Saturday, September 23, 2023, at 2:50 a.m. EDT.

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL and welcome to our 2nd Stamping With The Stars monthly blog hop for September!  Being from Savannah, GA all my life, the word y'all is definitely a southern thing. It is the contraction for you all, and I am so glad y'all have chosen to stop by for a visit to my blog. 

This hop is all about fall!  And, boy, am I excited that fall has FINALLY arrived. (Ever noticed that the word fall in NOT capitalized!  I have always WANTED to make it a proper noun! But it isn't!) It has been sooo hot here in Savannah, GA this past summer and we are slowly getting a few days in the 80 with mornings in the upper 60s.  My kind of weather!

Here is my card(s) I made for the fall Inspiration Hop.

 

I am in LOVE with this new product found in Stampin' Up! newest Mini Catalog. (Let me know if you need a catalog!) The product is called Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks (162331) on page 47 and only costs $10.50! 

There are 7 masks (also known as stencils), 4 are used to make the flowers and leaves in the card for this hop, but you also get a mask with bats, leaves and snowflakes!  All you need is a sponge and some ink pads to create amazing cards!


I basically followed the same procedure with all four cards, just changed up the colors of the flowers, card bases and ribbon accents. The masks are number 1-4 and have little notches on the top left side to help line up the flowers perfectly! You began sponging with the flower petal mask, followed by the leaves, then the lighter colored center and finally ending with the darker colored center.   It was unbelievably easy and so satisfying to see the end results. 

                                 
I wanted to stay with the fall theme, so I chose the ink colors of Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze for the petals, Early Espresso and Pecan Pie for the centers, and either Mossy Green or Old Olive for the leaves.  I used four different accent ribbons that include: Copper Clay Textured Ribbon, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, Natural Wavy Trim, and Crumb Cake Baker's Twine

After creating the flowers and leaves I then dry embossed each panel using the Exposed Brick Embossing Folder to give another element of texture and subtle depth. I used one of the smaller dies from the Something Fancy Dies for the sentiment that was stamped in Early Espresso ink, using Layering Leaves Stamp Set

Please comment below which of the 4 is you favorite!

Measurements:
Cajun Craze, Mossy Green, Crush Curry, or Pecan Pie cardstock for the card base: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"

Basic White card stock for the panel: 4" x 5-1/4", plus 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" for the sentiment

I hope you enjoyed reading about these cards. If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to be yours. You are welcome to click on any of the products below and it will take you directly to my online store in case you would like to purchase anything. If you would like a new mini catalog, either mention it below or drop me a message to sburch710@gmail.com and I'll send one to you. Until next time.  

Happy Stamping!

Susan








Product List

1 comment:

  1. Love all of them, the colors and one of my favorite flowerss.

    ReplyDelete