Saturday, February 12, 2022

Stamping With The Stars #DOswts380

 

Stamping in Savannah presents another....
Here is the sketch inspiration: 
And here is my version... Made with the Exclusive Sale-A-Bration *FREE Friendly Hello Stamp Set and Designer Series Paper! 
This paper is so pretty. I went with a monochromatic look.  The Pool Party cardstock has always been one of my favorite colors with Stampin' Up! 
(Did I mention this paper is *FREE with a qualified purchase?) Sale-a-bration ends on Feb. 28th, so be sure to order before the end of the month. There are so many pretty colors in this Designer Paper Series.  They all remind me that spring is coming soon!
 
I added a panel using the Timeworn 3D embossing folder.  This is a carry-over item from the July-December 2021 Mini-Catalog. I just love how it adds another dimension to the sketch. It was attached using Stampin' Dimensional.
The image and sentiment were stamped using Gray Granite ink and Pool Party Stampin' Blends were used to color the bird and the flowers.  I wanted just a touch of color on the flowers so I added a Touch of Stella along with the Pool Party to give them a little more boost.  

I think it is always important to finish off the inside of a card with a panel of Basic White if using a colored card base.  Adding the small flower in the left corner using the Pool Party ink adds just a touch to the inside. 
Measurements
Pool Party cardstock:  card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" 
                                              scored at 4 1/4"
                                             embossed mat 5 1/4" x 4 "
Designer Series Paper: Friendly Hello 1" x 3 3/4" (cut 2)
Basic White cardstock: center panel 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"
                                                 inside panel 5 1/4" x 4"
                                      





6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love the color you chose, and that bundle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your soft and pretty card Susan! Thanks for playing along with our Stamping with the STARS #DOswts380!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochromatic colors! So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card! It is so pretty! It evokes such a wonderful sense of calm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card - I got this set as one of my free ones but haven't played with it yet. Love how you lightly colored the flowers.

    ReplyDelete