Saturday, June 25, 2022

DO Stamping with the Stars #388 Summertime Inspiration

 


Welcome, again, to another Stamping with the Stars Inspiration Blog Hop!  Today's theme is Summer Vibes!  Living about 15 minutes away from Tybee Island and the Atlantic Ocean, of course my inspiration would be the beach.  Here is my inspiration card.
We have had some amazing sunsets here in Savannah lately, and I wanted to attempt to create one with this card. Of course, the sun RISES in the east across the Atlantic and sets in the west, away from the ocean, so this could be a moon rising across the ocean. 

I have made a similar card like this before, but this time I made my own designer series paper by adding a mask, using the NEW masking paper for the sun (or moon) and using blending brushes to add the color to the sky.  When I removed the mask, I streaked the blending brush lightly across the circle to create more depth in the sky. 

This is such a fun stamp set.  I used the Stampin' Up Stamparatus to create the ocean wave. (The Stamparatus can be found on page 147 in the annual catalog.  It is GREAT for perfect placement!) Using sponge daubers, I applied three different blue-colored inks to the stamp and kept stamping using the stamaparatus until I achieve my desired coloring.  I love how it makes the wave seem so real. 


I always use a white mat on the insides of the cards I make.  I added the cute little pelican sitting on the pier stamped in the Starry Sky ink. 

Measurements and Supplies
Cardbase:  Starry Sky Cardstock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
Mat: Basic White Cardstock 5-3/8" x 4-1/8"
Mat: Bermuda Bay Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4"
Top: Basic White Thick Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4"
Inside Mat5-1/4" x 4"

You can click on any of the products listed below and it will take you to my online stores.  Also, be sure to leave a comment and sign-up to receive my blog so you will never miss a post.

Check out the rest of the amazing stars below and find out how their summertime inspirations!  See you next time! 
...SCB









Product List

1 comment: